Depending on the conditions of the therapy (therapy frequency, type of ultrasound, dose, length and cycle of treatment), there can be a warming effect (on reflecting/reflective boundary layers of the tissue, e.g. bones, joints), or a micromassage, in particular in the treated section of the tissue.
The following effects take place on a tissue level:
- Increased circulation (Hyperaemia)
- Acceleration of metabolic function (microcirculation, diffusion)
- Increase in elasticity of connective tissue (collagen fibres).
- Pain relief
- Relief of muscular tension and spasm
- Acceleration of the healing process